Friday, October 10, 2008

Cross Crusade-Alpenrose

Cyclocross season is under way!  Alpenrose CX was last weekend.  Great turnout!  The course was good, but not so good for me.  I reckon staging started about an hour before the race.  I ended up somewhere in the middle.  First lap, someone dumped it right in front of me.  I went down on snapped my front derailleur.  This caused my front brake to seize up.  And off the course I went.  My day was over way too quickly.  I found my wife, intently watching to see me come around the course again.  Instead she looked up and saw me walking my bike. 

We hung out for a while and watched a friend of ours Allen Lucas.  He and his wife, Bev own Bend Bike and Sport.  Allen made the drive with a friend of his just for the day.  Hope they are able to make it next weekend.

One last shout to a new friend of our Josh, who owns and operates Cyclo-Sportif.  He set up a tent at the CX races and sells Belgian Waffles and casual clothing.  Hopefully he will be selling Belgium National Team Track jackets from BioRacer.  If you're out at the race, stop by and buy a waffle from him.  It totally hits the spot on a chilly rainy day.

No comments: